Intern, Industry and Government Affairs - Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Martha White(R), truRoots(R), Sahale Snacks(R), Robin Hood(R), and Bick's(R). In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix(R), Milk- Bone(R), Kibbles 'n Bits(R), Natural Balance(R), and 9Lives(R). The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Industry and Government Affairs Department
Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland/Akron area)
WE OFFER THE BENEFIT OF INTERN HOUSING ASSISTANCE, FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY BASED ON PROXIMITY TO ENSURE INTERNS HAVE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE AND ARE FINANCIALLY ABLE TO AFFORD LIVING FOR THE LENGTH OF THE INTERNSHIP.
Supervised field experience related to food manufacturing, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance. This internship is appropriate for Nutrition and Dietetics, Environmental Science, Food Law or other related majors.
The student can expect to do one or more of the following:
* Work with his/her Mentor(s) to develop specific learning objectives that can be readily identified and reviewed periodically throughout the work period.
* Learn how to review a variety of food labels, advertisements and websites for technical Regulatory compliance.
* Assist in setting up items and ingredients in a specification management system.
* Learn about tracking various Sustainability factors.
* Assist with, or have exposure to, a variety of food industry initiatives.
* Receive an exit interview, and a performance appraisal, prior to the end of the internship.
* Complete a brief orientation to various disciplines within Industry and Government Affairs
* Complete work as assigned
* Participate in an exit interview and performance appraisal prior to the end of the internship
* Prepare and present a summary of the internship, including assignments, benefits, and improvement opportunities.
* Must be working towards a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, Environmental Science, Food Law or related major
* Completed junior year of an undergraduate degree in related field
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must be available to work 40 hours weekly for a minimum of 12 weeks during the summer
* Must be available to work 15-20 hours weekly during school year
* Excellent academic performance record
* Strong communication and teamwork skills
* Organized, detail oriented, and willingness to learn
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.