Intern - Information Technology, Computer Science
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Information Technology, Computer Systems and Application Development are core components of our business and key to our success as one of the world s largest steel producers. The Business Service center at our organization ensures our systems are leading technology, innovative and supportive to business needs. At U. S. Steel, you will enhance your knowledge and understanding of the IT field and the relationship between our operations and our systems. This is an internship position that is scheduled to begin no later than June, 2017.
This assignment is for a 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas:
Enterprise Applications and Global Business Processes
Global Plant Systems
Enterprise Resource Planning
* Cyber Security
Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Participate in application development training as needed, dependent upon the application area assigned, and apply training to work assignments.
- Work as an integral member of a team to support systems that enable business and plant processes such as Order Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Procurement, Business Intelligence and Plant Systems on a variety of computing platforms with various programming languages including testing and documentation.
- Write custom programs as required for software implementation, application interfaces, reports and inquiry screens in line with business and technical specifications provided. Follow BSC quality processes for testing, documentation, and approvals for assigned work.
- Work independently and with minimal direction in the areas of application software maintenance and development, analysis, and troubleshooting per customer requests.
- Daily interaction with team members, internal business units, and external customers.
- Configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of desktop and server hardware and software.
- Support of voice network technologies including telephones, voicemail systems, voice over IP, call center, wireless devices, and audio/video conferencing.
- Resolution of customer requests and problems.
- Candidates must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor s Degree or Master s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or any IT related field.
- Candidates must have completedtheir sophomore year by June 2017 and be in good academic standing.
- Be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Please attach a recent transcript and any other related information to your application.
We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, a successful intern will have:
Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
A willingness to take initiative to understand the business
An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Leadership and strong decision-making skills
Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.