Intern - Interior Design - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Do you have the desire to be the first? To break new ground for other young designers in your field? To embody the drive an ambition to make your mark. Providing the substance that will influence the future of a Billion dollar corporation? If this is you, Kohler has the internship for you! We are presently looking for a highly inspired interior design intern to greatly influence and aid the industrial product design team here at Kohler Company.
Under the direction of the Lead Industrial Designer, you will help define present and future trends while creating innovative bathroom and kitchen concepts and layouts.
1. Role is to define and present current and upcoming interior trends.
2. Create the best environments to help industrial design showcase its new product offerings.
3. Work with Industrial Design to create both digital and physical rooms that will be used for presentations and renderings for future concepts reviews.
4. Proficient in regards to computer modeling and rendering software.
5. Know and understand Kohler products and products offered by competitors.
6. Learn about industry-related color, materials and processes.
7. Contribute to accomplishing the day-to-day activities of the Industrial Design department.
8. Establishes rapport with personable and professional demeanor.
9. Exhibits good time management skills while being able to accommodate interruptions.
10. Takes direction, seeks assistance when needed.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to Category Lead Industrial Designer
1. Works alongside Industrial Designers, Marketing, and Communications in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Working towards a bachelor's degree from accredited university or college of industrial and interior design with academic emphasis on interior design. Typically has 0-2 years of experience in interior design, architecture, furniture, lighting, consumer research and/or other related field.
Proficiency in 3D modeling and rendering software is highly recommended.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.