This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Expectations
Intern, Continuous Improvement
The Continuous Improvement Analyst Intern reports to the Manager, Continuous Improvement and will support the day to day execution of interdepartmental and cross functional programs and projects focused on efficiency, compliance, quality, profitability, and competitive position. The Continuous Improvement Analyst will assist in the analysis of multiple sources of data for relevant trends, conducting daily administrative duties in support of initiatives, programs and other tasks as assigned.
* Support the Manager Continuous Improvement with project execution of key project initiatives ensuring high quality deliverables and consistently completed on schedule
* Gathers information and conducts basic data analysis so as to assist in identifying relevant trends
* Conduct interdepartmental and cross functional initiatives with process owners which includes: documenting current process to identify pain points and opportunities, performing supporting data analysis, facilitating the design of the process changes, creating future state processes and supporting implementation of the process change
* Assists in other projects and tasks as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field
* Previous program management experience
* Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
* Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
* Detail oriented with the ability to think critically
* Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
* Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Previous continuous improvement and/or change management experience
* Technical Operations background
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.