This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources Director and Generalist with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, pre-employment screenings to include medical and background checks, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, and volunteer intern programs. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the programs, finance, and development staff.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Intern will learn the practical application of:
* Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, making job offers and negotiating starting salaries.
* The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
* The interrelationship of HR and Finance in the areas of new employee paperwork, payroll issues related to onboarding and termination, use of a payroll management database, and report generation.
* Employee benefits management issues related to plan renewal and open enrollment, benefits enrollment and termination, troubleshooting employee benefits issues, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
* Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields;
* Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
* Highly confidential office environment
Working extended hours may be required as needed
Firstsource is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO
rights as an applicant under the law, please go through the URL