Intern - Market Analyst - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBASIC FUNCTION
Under direct supervision from a product or channel marketing manager, the Market Analyst Intern is responsible for conducting basic, task-specific marketing analysis and summarizing the results. This would involve developing information and statistics, maintaining on-going files necessary for the managers to develop forecasts, making recommendations on pricing, marketing strategies, new products, and strategic plans, and assisting with any other special projects dealing with an existing product line or channel.
Other competencies associated with primary function and scope are as follows:
Possess ability to perform what-if analysis when necessary.
Assist in identifying operational opportunities by thinking outside the box.
Develop knowledge in business situations and Kohler Co. policies and procedures leading to career advancement.
Possess ability to work effectively with non-marketing personnel.
Learn, develop, and work through the initial Analyst curve.
Be comfortable doing search and discovery work where the answer is not clear.
1. Compile information and statistics on various subjects that affect the marketing or products, general economic conditions, and changing buying patterns. Prepare summaries of relevant data for distribution to appropriate managers.
2. Develop, analyze, and maintain statistics obtained from trade publications, government reports, competitive price sheets, visits to distributors and trade shows, etc. showing trends and conditions based on sales.
3. Obtain and maintain competitive product and price information.
4. Solicit the assistance of and work with Market Research to perform trend research, provide analysis of sales, determine market potential, etc.
5. Participate and assist the managers in planning, developing, and implementing trade shows, conventions, and meetings.
6. Conduct margin and financial analysis as required by the managers.
7. Assist in preparing and coordinating special promotional programs including literature and related materials to introduce new products to Sales and customers on a timely basis prior to their national introduction.
8. Maintain awareness of legislation, trade group agreements, federal, state and local codes, etc. that may affect marketing of products.
9. Attend seminars, professional organization meetings, trade shows, etc. to keep abreast of new marketing concepts or other developments germane to the function.
10. Demonstrate appropriate level of competency in the following areas: Drive Continuous Improvement, Set High Standards of Performance, Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Business Acumen, Management of Self, Management/Development of Others, Focus on the End Customer, and Build Trust.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to a product or channel marketing manager.
1. Works closely with various teams within marketing.
2. Works with accounting and other support areas to obtain information.
3. Occasionally serves as marketing representative on cross-functional teams.
4. Provides functional support to customer service and sales personnel.
External Business Relationships:
1. Provides timely product and marketing support to external customers.
2. Visits retail and wholesale customer locations to understand customer needs and build relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must be actively in pursuit of their Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or a related subject.
Must possess a keen analytical mind, be strong on planning, detail, and accuracy, and be a demonstrably creative thinker. Must possess substantial skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts.
Travel to trade shows, manufacturing plants, and customer visits as needed, approximately 10-30%.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.