Intern, Marketing Insights (Summer 2017)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Insights Summer 2017
Orrville, Ohio (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Manager, Consumer Insights
* Assist Insights team across a wide range of activities, including: survey design, fieldwork preparation, data analysis & reporting
* Analyze consumer & marketplace trends using syndicated data sources (IRI, NPD, etc.)
* Conduct analysis and present results of intern anchor project (topic TBD)
* Demonstrate flexibility and initiative in managing workload while assisting supervisors with ad hoc requests and other assignments as necessary
* Build positive, professional working relationships with Insights team, internal business partners, and external supplier partners
* Learn how to apply individual talents to a successful team in a high-paced, professional business environment
* Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor s Degree (Business, Economics or Communication majors and other degrees related to Marketing)
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
* Strategic mindset, strong analytical skills, attention to detail & accuracy
* Works well independently and as a team player
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Genuine interest in Consumer Insights, Shopper Insights, or Analytics as a career path
* Proficient in business software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe)
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.