Intern - Mechanical Engineer 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Intern - Mechanical Engineer
Perform challenging and diverse product development efforts, providing mechanical engineering design services and support throughout all stages of the product development life cycle.
* Develop mechanical components and system concepts that satisfy the customer's requirements.
* Architect and design mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of alternative concepts using theory, simulations, and mathematical models Implement and verify the mechanical design by using the appropriate EDA tools.
* Deliver prototype units to customers by selecting components, procuring or fabricating models and supervising assembly.
* Develop and execute mechanical design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements.
* Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
* Currently enrolled at an accredited institution for a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering; Sophomore or Junior level standing
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Experience with Pro/E and/or SolidWorks is desired
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers.