Intern, Quality Assurance - Manufacturing Quality (Summer 2017)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Quality Assurance Manufacturing Quality
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Associate Manager, Quality Systems
Monday through Friday 7:30 4:30 (Flex hours possible)
PRIMARY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
* Corporate Quality Assurance, Contract Manufacturing, Research and Development
Primary Objectives of the Role
* Ownership of a 6-8 week project within a Food Science/Food Safety/Microbiology/Biology or related field.
* Enhance the individual s quality knowledge base with producing food products at a major food manufacturing facility.
* Assist in auditing JMS contract manufacturers, suppliers, internal plants as well as assisting in developing corrective actions where deviations exist.
* Commission, Qualify and Verify Contract Manufacturers (New Products, Material/Ingredient Changes, Equipment) and reviewing analytical data to ensure products meet specifications.
* Working with new item start-up for contract manufacturers and the utilization of a test plan.
* Monitor and distribute specifications as needed, while updating internal documentation control.
Working toward four year college degree is a must, preferably with a Food Science/Food Safety/Microbiology/Biology or related field.Junior or Senior standing by Summer of 2016 is required.
* Strong computer skills and knowledge.
* Highly adaptable and flexible to a dynamic work environment manufacturing experience from a prior internship is a plus.
* Self-motivated with a high energy level.
* Able to travel.
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.