Intern - Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About The Raleigh Design Center
Located near the heart of one of the nation's leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center's 70 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains.
The Quality Engineer for Medical Device Development will serve as the focal point for the project team and the customer on topics related to safety agency and regulatory compliance as well as the necessary quality system(s). The Quality Engineer has overall responsibility for assuring that the product is designed and tested in compliance with applicable domestic and international regulatory agencies and/or bodies. This includes but is not limited to: participating in the development of the product specifications, defining project compliance to internal and external standards, coordinating safety agency marking and regulatory compliance, coordinating the risk management and human factors activities, and coordinating design verification test activities. Plexus will provide on the job training for this role.
* Ensure that the planned project activities are compliant with Plexus' standard operating procedures and ISO (i.e. 13485) quality systems, the FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) regulations.
* Understand Design History File (DHF) content requirements and be capable of performing all aspects of DHF maintenance.
* Support proposal activities for new business and other marketing support as requested.
* Participate in the Plexus quality system development and maintenance.
* Understand medical device safety standards (i.e. IEC 60601-1), regulatory requirements, and be capable of identifying those that are applicable for each unique product.
* Determine appropriate specifications to comply with regulatory and compliance requirements of intended markets.
* Mentor and lead the project team on regulatory and safety agency compliance requirements of intended markets.
* Facilitate documentation of functional, electrical and mechanical specifications.
* Lead the development of the product Risk Management Plan and maintain customer specified content of the Risk Management File for each unique product.
* Lead product Risk Analysis meetings and document the results as specified in ISO 14971. Follow up as required throughout the project to ensure adherence to risk management plan. Risk activities also include coordination of Design Failure Modes and Effect Analysis reports, Fault Tree Analysis, and other risk reports.
* Coordinate device reviews with safety agencies.
* Coordinate all Design Verification Test activities, including generation of the verification Plan, Procedures and Report documents.
* Review design related project documents and drawings to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
* Participate in engineering reviews to ensure they are conducted and documented as appropriate.
Skills & Abilities
* Possess a strong working knowledge of medical device and similar safety standards (i.e. IEC 60601-1, IEC 61010-1)
* Possess understanding of regulatory requirements such as FDA Quality System Regulations, ISO 13485 and the EU Medical Device and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Directives
* Experience with the development of risk management planning and analyses as defined in ISO 14971
* Experience with Design Verification Test activities including test planning, test procedure and test report development
* Experience working with safety agency test labs for agency certifications such as UL, CSA, CE, etc.
* Possess at least basic knowledge of the Software Quality Engineering functions
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills necessary to work across multiple engineering disciplines, project management, and external customers.
* Must be able to work in a matrix style organization on multiple projects simultaneously.
Education & Experience
* Junior level college student majoring in engineering
* Preferred field would be Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
* GPA: 3.0 or higher
Working At Plexus
At Plexus, people are our most valuable asset.
Our culture is built upon our core values of passion, accountability, customer focus and teamwork. We strongly believe the success of our employees and business depends on our adherence to these values, and we take this responsibility seriously. Our employees embody our core values and bring unmatched industry experience, talent and drive to our customers. We encourage our employees to take ownership of their work experience and their future career path. If you are interested in working for a company that can provide you with unmatched experience and global opportunities, Plexus is the place for you.
Plexus is The Product Realization Company
Plexus uses a unique Product Realization service model to transform our customers' concepts into branded products and deliver them to their end, target markets. We tailor innovative solutions that integrate product conceptualization, design, commercialization, manufacturing, fulfillment and sustaining services. Whether our customers operate in the Americas, Europe, the Asia Pacific region or worldwide, Plexus delivers turnkey solutions to make any project a success.
Discover why more than 9,500 dedicated employees choose Plexus as their employer. Apply today!
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Plexus Corp. is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Employer