Intern - Quality 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Overview
The Quality Engineer Intern role is responsible for acting as the key liaison between manufacturing and the customer, ensuring that overall customer quality and regulatory requirements and expectations are met and product meets all specifications. With this, the QE Intern will gain vast knowledge of job duties through onsite mentorship and hands-on learning in the following areas:
* Understanding of and primary customer interface for all customer quality specifications and requirements
* Approval of all product changes (ECOs, deviations, validations, etc.) to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met, and verification that changes are correctly implemented
* Use of statistical analysis tools and methods for problem solving (DMAIC process)
* Facilitate resolution of proactive quality initiatives, continuous improvements, preventative actions, mistaking-proofing, etc.
* Facilitate resolutions of reactive quality initiatives; containment/root-cause/corrective actions, customer issues, etc.
* Facilitate and participate in quality metrics reporting and communication
* Define and manage customer quality plans
* Facilitate all quality-related activities associated with customer product introductions within APQP, etc.
* Monitor processes (through auditing, metrics, etc.) to ensure product health
* Support external audit activities relative to product requirements
* Product and process changes and evolution, ensuring product quality integrity is maintained
* Support quote and contract review process, ensuring customer quality requirements are met
* Support Supplier Quality in supplier issues and improvements (RI, NCM, MRG, etc.)
Education & Experience
* A Junior level status currently enrolled in an Engineering degree program
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers.