Intern, Revenue Growth Management - Summer 2017, Multiple Opportunities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Revenue Growth Management summer 2017
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland/Akron area)
We offer the benefit of proximity-based intern housing assistance, for those that qualify, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Lead Analyst/Manager, Revenue Growth Management
Assist the Revenue Growth Management (RGM) group in cross-functional efforts with the Market Development Organization, Brand Marketing, and Finance to drive Revenue and Profit growth across the Smucker portfolio of brands.
* Participate in Pricing and Promotion Strategy activities, including:
* Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate and determine optimal price and promotional strategies that align with brand objectives.
* Assist in the analysis of future pricing and promotional strategy changes to determine volume and revenue impact.
* Identify, monitor and analyze brand, category, and commodity trends to improve Pricing strategy.
* Research, analyze, and present Anchor Project on Pricing/Promotion related business question.
* Gain knowledge of the Smucker business from a Revenue Growth Management perspective, including; Industry standards, organizational structure, customers, and go to market strategies.
* Learn how to develop strong business relationships with internal customers and contacts.
* Learn how to collect, analyze, and interpret data and present findings using data visualization
* Learn Smucker product portfolio and business processes.
* Must be pursuing a Bachelor s degree in a Business, Finance, or Data/Analytics related major
* Candidates should be finishing their Junior year of studies prior to the internship
* GPA of 3.0 or above is required
* Prior work/leadership experience is strongly preferred
* Demonstrates willingness to relocate for future internship opportunities or full-time job opportunities
* Strong analytical skills are preferred
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.