Intern - Supplier Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/27/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSupplier Quality Engineer Intern
The Supplier Quality Engineer Intern will be acting as a liaison between operations, suppliers, and the Supplier Quality Department, to ensure that overall specifications, quality/regulatory requirements, and expectations are met for purchased products.
* Responsible to ensure part qualification and evaluation activities (both prototype and sustaining manufacturing) resulting in acceptable and consistent supply. Includes external activities (establishing part quality requirements) and internal activities (sampling plans, inspection processes, etc.)
* Ability to execute supplier audit activities related to both validation and on-going management of quality execution capabilities
* Monitoring supplier quality performance based on analysis of Plexus and supplier performance data
* Lead problem part resolution through all phases of operations
* Responsible for leading supplier corrective action and continuous improvement activities
* Support containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis processes activities relative to supplied parts
* Support overall site Quality Management System through metrics, auditing etc.
* Facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate or handle non-conforming parts
* Support alternative supplier selection
* Mentor and support RI activities and process effectiveness
* Participates in customer-facing supplier quality activities
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned by management
Education & Experience
* In pursuit of a Bachelor s Degree in any Engineering field.
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is preferred.
* General understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers.