Intern - Supply Chain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIntern - Supply Chain
The Supply Chain Intern would be directed on projects that can be completed within the internship time frame. The Supply Chain Intern will also assist with daily procurement, inventory and material management.
* Help to identify challenges in current processes and drive process improvements using LEAN principals.
* Projects will be based on needs of the business at the current time.
* Support defining a supply chain model for an assigned commodity
* Identify cost saving opportunities
* Identify lead time reduction opportunities
* Identify logistics strategy
* Communicate with suppliers
* Support alignment between production needs and supply chain
Skills & Abilities
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent communications skills
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
* Junior or Senior level college student majoring in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!