Intern, Supply Chain - Multiple Opportunities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Martha White(R), truRoots(R), Sahale Snacks(R), Robin Hood(R), and Bick's(R). In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix(R), Milk- Bone(R), Kibbles 'n Bits(R), Natural Balance(R), and 9Lives(R). The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Supply Chain Multiple Opportunities Summer 2017
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland/Akron Area)
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
As a Supply Chain Intern, individuals will have an exciting opportunity to learn, apply, and utilize key internal business processes and understand how they impact all areas of our Supply Chain Organization. Summer internship opportunities can provide hands on experience in any one of the following department areas:
* Track and analyze relationships with Contract Manufacturing Site Partners.
* Complete industry analyses on third party logistics manufacturers.
* Assist with the movement of product through the supply chain.
* Understand the information flow through the supply chain process.
* Work with the Project Leader to support various project initiatives within Corporate Distribution.
* Conduct situational analyses to determine key project goals.
* Develop functional project specs with timelines to execute against.
* Extract and manipulate data to determine and support key findings.
* Metrics Reporting - Deductions, Returns, Unearned Cash Discount's, Customer Pick Up opportunities.
* Customer order trend analysis.
* Reporting enhancements on recurring customer metrics.
* Support customer service team managers with various supply chain analysis projects (Vendor Managed Inventory, Customer Survey, Order Management, etc.)
* Provide analytical and systems support to the Corporate Purchasing buyers.
* Use analytical tools and system reports to better develop and execute purchasing strategies and communicate results to the business.
* Tactical buying support, issues resolution, and data management will also be an emphasis.
* Assist in preparation for supplier negotiations.
* Conduct supplier performance and spend analysis.
* Research and analyze supply chain data to support improvement projects.
* Monitor inventory levels of sourced items and identify opportunities for inventory reduction.
* Facilitate the review and resolution of potential inventory shortages and aging issues.
* Analyze replenishment requirements to insure available inventory for sourced finished goods.
* Create inter-company shipments supporting cross-functional cost and execution metrics.
* Develop sustainable scorecard and tracking mechanism for key measures across Contract Manufacturing and Fruit Planning.
* Review manufacturing requirements for specific fruits, packaging materials and/or lanes to develop and implement a deployment plan.
* Materials Planning Build, communicate and manage purchase recommendation (quota) for selected fruit items.
* Supply Chain Synergy Lead selected cost reduction initiatives.
Customer Supply Chain Initiatives Rogers, Arkansas
* Provide item analytical support to assist with in-stocks and driving sales.
* Support analysts on key sales and replenishment projects.
* Rightsizing inventory provide Wal-Mart Replenishment with strategies to bring inventory in line with sales.
* Analyze historical sales; provide recommendations to implement, and modular compliance tracking.
* Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher.
* Strong computer and analytical skills
* Creative problem solving
* Excellent communication skills
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.