- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Intern - Treasury (4142)
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
1. Assist with on-going debt compliance, including calculation of debt covenant compliance both on a historical and a risk-adjusted forward basis for monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
2. Contribute to the preparation of the quarterly earnings call, including development of the script, presentation and earnings release.
3. Calculate and examine collateral exposure as required under the relevant arrangement.
4. Support internal corporate needs for financial analyses and information; including weighted average cost of capital, allowance for borrowed and equity funds used during construction, credit assessments, cash discount decisions matrix, etc.
5. Assist in the analytical assessment of corporate financial strategy. Use sound financial techniques and models while leveraging input from representatives from the banking group and other financial advisors, to make recommendations for new investments, debt refinancing and restructuring, and new treasury programs under existing corporate strategies.
6. Develop an understanding of credit ratings philosophies and update metric calculations consistent with the view of the rating agencies in order to forecast corporate credit ratings.
* A student currently enrolled in a four year degree at an accredited college or university in pursuit of their degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business. The student must have an expected graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018. .
* 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher is required.
* Experience or demonstrated competencies necessary to work in a team environment and independently.
* Possesses and displays above average analytical thinking capabilities and the ability to analyze large data sets to identify trends.
* Must have advanced MS Excel skills.
* Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters and information.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.