Internal Account Executive - West 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
The Advisor Network has an opening for an Internal Sales Representative to help drive our vision and strategy through Registered Investor Advisors. The Internal Account Executive (IAE) will work closely with external sales professional and the Managing Director in a specific territory. A successful IAE must have the ability to understand the RIA and B/D marketplace, be able to communicate SEI's Investment Philosophy effectively, influence client behavior, and effectively prioritize and manage client responsibilities. As the primary point of contact for advisors for all issues the scope of this role is highly diverse. This is primarily an office based role focused on advisors all throughout the US. The majority of advisor contact is by telephone and online meetings.
The Internal Account Executive would be responsible for building relationships with advisors in this segment and for developing sales agendas with targeted advisors. This will be achieved through various proactive communication methods, responding to questions, providing a high quality client service, and making it easier for advisors to do business with SEI. The IAE will also be responsible for engaging existing advisors more actively through proactive contact.
This position is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in sales within a team. It is anticipated that there will be a high degree of contact with other parts of the Advisor Sales Team and other internal teams at SEI. The responsibilities for this position may include some or all of the following:
* Participating on a sales team to sell SEI s Advisor Platform solutions toindependent financial advisor including;, end-client wealth management solutions, advisor platform solutions and practice management.
* Providing strategic and tactical support, product training, client service, and presentations for advisor clients. Client may occasionally include end-clients and may take place in person or web-based. The sales and relationship management will be based on the philosophy of SEI s solutions as well as the implementation of those solutions.
* Providing advisors with end-client case support in terms of competitive and investment analysis to assist advisors in selling and converting assets to SEI.
* Overcoming technical and business objections of advisors
* Investigating and resolving advisor problems
* Working closely with other outside relationship managers in the field
* Making outbound calls to existing clients or prospects by telephone and e-mail to develop and drive opportunities to close *Handling inbound calls to service advisors or convert calls into new opportunities
* Building and maintaining customer relationships
* Delivering advisor training as required
* Coordinating issues and projects with other business units as required
* Participating in market unit initiatives and projects
* Keeping abreast of industry standards and knowledge to be able to communicate with clients
* Interacting effectively with other SEI teams
* BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
* A minimum of one year of experience in the financial services industry
* Must have or attain a Series 65 license (within 3 months of date of hire) and be able to maintain the license
* Working knowledge of investment products and markets
* Ability to work under pressure and with a sense of urgency
* Relationship, customer service and client management skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organizational and analytical skills
* Interpersonal and communications skills
* Must be willing to work in an open floor environment
Location and Travel
The position is Oaks based with limited travel and will report to the Managing Director of the Midwest Regional Sales Team.
Please be aware that SEC Rule 206(4)-5 Political Contributions by Certain Investment Advisers (the Rule ) may place certain restrictions on certain subsidiaries of SEI as a result of your past and future political contributions. Therefore, an offer for this position may be contingent on you providing SEI, a completed questionnaire regarding political contributions made by you and members of your household, and that SEI may reject your application if SEI determines in its sole discretion that the effect of such political contributions under the Rule could have an adverse impact on SEI s current or prospective business activities and strategies. Any misrepresentation of or omission of any contributions from this information request, will be cause for your rejection or dismissal from employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
SEI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.