Internal Audit Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE are seeking an experienced Director of Internal Audit to join our team of talented professionals in Bethesda, Md.
How many times in your career do you get the opportunity to do something that's never been done To create something that will change an entire industry We are building a revolutionary platform to issue and manage mortgage securities. We're looking for people who can walk in two worlds - a start-up environment where development is collaborative and rapid; and a production environment where we run and monitor the performance of the platform. Longer-term, this platform could serve the entire US housing finance industry. Sound transformative It is. Come join us and _help create something remarkable_ .
* Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field; CIA or CPA preferred
* 10 years of work experience, ideally including at least 5 years of combined experience with a Big Four accounting firm and/or internal audit of a highly sophisticated financial services organization;
* Experience and expertise in building positive working relationships with the various critical stakeholders including regulators, Board of Managers and external auditors.
* Experience leading and performing complex projects;
* Working knowledge of bond securitization and bond administration processes;
* Broad familiarity of key information technology risks and controls and available technology-based audit techniques;
* Knowledge of computer-assisted audit tools and other data analysis techniques;
* Experience working in a highly regulated environment;
* Experience presenting to senior management and Boards;
* Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Our leadership behaviors align to our values and mission. The desired leadership behaviors include:
* Anticipating what your customers value and developing solutions
* Seizing opportunities, striking a balance between accepting workable solutions and pushing for better alternatives
* Leading by example and gaining the confidence and trust of others through logic, authenticity, and always acting with integrity
* Stepping up to address difficult issues, invite diverse perspectives, and saying what needs to be said
The Chief Audit Executive reports directly to the Board of Managers and administratively to the CEO. This individual will be responsible for the ongoing enhancement and continuous improvement of the long-term strategy of the internal audit function and will help to ensure professional standards of documentation and controls are maintained throughout the company. This individual will provide independent, objective assurance of financial controls and operational processes, working with the senior management team, the Board of Managers, our regulators as well as our external auditors, as a collaborative partner and value-added resource. He/she will take a leadership role in ensuring company maintains a world-class internal control environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Conduct a thorough risk assessment and seek continuous improvements to a comprehensive audit methodology that is responsive to the operational, financial, control and other risks within the company.
* Coordinate scope and coverage of the annual audit plan with the company's independent external auditors and the company's regulator.
* Present the annual audit plan to the CEO and Board for approval and seek approval for any significant changes.
* Provide periodic updates on status of the audit plan as well as updates on the status of the overall operation of the internal Audit department.
* Inform and advise the Audit Committee of the Board of Managers and top management on risk management issues and the root cause analysis of the risks.
* Provide periodic reporting on the status of remedial actions by management to address audit issues as well as Matters Requiring Attention issued by the regulator.
* Determine that the company's operating units are in compliance with corporate standard operating procedures and other operating policies.
* Coordinate with the General Counsel, Head of Enterprise Risk Management and other management representatives on control activity execution and aggregation of control related matters.
* Recruit, train, and mentor a team that will be seen as a superb training group for future company leadership.
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
* Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity to ensure that internal audit activity is compliant with all professional and ethical standards.
* Escalate issues to senior management when levels of residual risk are unacceptable to the organization, and, if not resolved satisfactorily, escalate the matter to the Board for resolution.
* Develop written reports and prepare and deliver presentations to senior management and the Board that summarize audit reviews and include an assessment of severity, supporting business rationale for recommended policy, process or procedural changes