Internal Audit Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under close supervision, contributes on worldwide integrated financial, operational, information system audits and special projects.
Job Specific Information
Internal Audit Intern
Full time internship opportunity available in Pittsburgh, PA starting in January 2017 through June 2017 or July 2017 through December 2017.
Candidates must be an undergraduate at junior year or above, majoring in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, operations management, mathematics, international business, business administration, supply chain, information technology, economics, internal audit or other quantitative or business discipline. Students currently enrolled in a similar graduate level program may also be considered.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Demonstrated planning, organizing and strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Good communication skills (listening, verbal, written)
* Experience using Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Responsibilities - General Summary:
* Assist in the performance of financial/operational/information systems audits and special projects.
* Assist in the preparation of formal reports and presentations of audit results for senior and executive management.
* Conduct interviews with all levels of personnel as required to complete audit assignments. Attend meetings with management to discuss audit issues and to develop action plans.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Should have an overall GPA of 3.0
* Student should be available for full time employment 6-18 months after completion of internship
* Authorization to work in the United States.
* Some domestic travel required
Resume should include the following information:
* College address and permanent home address
* College telephone number and permanent home telephone number
* Overall GPA and major GPA
* Date of intended graduation
High school graduate or equivalent. Current college student pursing a Degree in accounting, finance, information systems or related field. Strong communication skills and analytical skills required.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..