Internal Audit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Performs and manages multiple, concurrent internal reviews of complex financial, operational, and IT processes and audits internal controls. Performs complex financial and/or management audits in designated areas of the organization to identify, resolve, and/or recommend solutions, which are presented to Company Management. May serve as the project leader on standard audits, the senior member of large-scale audits, or conduct complex audits independently.
* Oversees the efforts for multiple, concurrent audit projects with varying degrees of complexity and conducts audits in accordance with departmental standards.
* Builds effective relationships with business partners and senior management worldwide to stay abreast of activities within the Company s operations for consideration for risk assessment and audit scoping.
* Using a risk-based approach, contributes heavily in the development of annual departmental planning and scoping activities.
* Exemplifies command of subject matter of audit areas, including risk assessment and identification of effective controls. Defines audit scope and objectives, designs audit programs and executes audit procedures, as needed.
* Designs audit strategies and programs for assessment of the Company s various worldwide operations and processes affecting financial reporting to support Management s annual 404 assessment.
* Performs tests and analyses, gathers audit evidence, evaluates results, and develops conclusions about the adequacy of internal controls. Documents the work performed and conclusions according to departmental standards.
* Discusses the results of audit tests and conclusions with Company management and obtains agreement on facts. Writes observations and persuasive recommendations regarding effective remediation solutions to include in professional audit reports to management and discusses solution options with management.
* Supports department leadership in responding to management queries regarding the internal control environment, and in carrying out investigations of alleged financial mismanagement, loss of assets, or other irregularities.
* Coaches, trains and monitors audit staff assigned providing appropriate oversight and guidance related to testing strategy, auditing technique, and sampling methodology throughout the audit cycle. Reviews the work of staff for sufficiency of approach, accuracy and completeness of audit procedures.
* Identifies and acts upon new and more efficient applications of technology in completing audit work.
* Identifies and implements ideas for improvement in the department s procedures and work processes.
* Collaborates with external auditors and internal compliance functions as well as other internal parties to minimize business disruptions related to audit activities.
* Performs other job responsibilities and duties as assigned by Management.
* Bachelor s degree in accounting or a business-related field
* Certification as a CPA or CIA
* Six years of auditing, accounting, management or related experience.
* Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP, SOX, COSO and risk-assessment practices, internal controls, and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
* Strong project management abilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent business report writing skills
* Requires domestic and international travel
* Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems
* Certifications as a CFE and CISA
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.