Internal Audit Senior - Banking 9/6/2016
Bond Street Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description
Internal Audit Senior - Paying $75K + bonus
International Foreign Bank is seeking an Internal Auditor with 2-5years internal audit experience to work within the Internal Auditing Department.
In this position, the individual will evaluate current policies and processes in order to provide reasonable assurance to Management as to the adequacy of the control environment operating within the Americas Division. When acting as the Auditor-in-Charge the individual will be assigned an audit team (2 to 5 individuals) depending upon the size and complexity of the audit.
Essential Functions of the Position:
* Up to10% domestic/internationaltravel during the fiscalyear.
* Subsidiaries located in Brazil and Canada
* Branches located in Los Angeles and San Francisco
* Representative Offices located in Houston, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru
* Examine and evaluate internal controls in key risk areas of banking activities/practices to ensure compliance with internal policies and applicable rules, laws, and regulations; Develop audit programs and perform audit fieldwork, including system documentation, evaluations, interviews and financial analysis.
* Propose or evaluate appropriate corrective measure designed to strengthen internal controls, operational policies and procedures, and other weaknesses identified during audits;
* Prepare clear and concise audit work papers and audit reports summarizing scope, methodology, and significant conclusions of audit procedures performed within prescribed timeframes
* Conduct audit planning and closing meetings with Internal Audit and relevant Department Management
* Project monitoring and reporting to Internal Audit Management
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
* Minimum 2-5years internal audit experience within a large Foreign Banking Organization or US Money Center Bank.
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
* Credit, Treasury, Foreign Exchange, Banking Operations (i.e., Funds Transfer, Loan Servicing), Capital Markets, Broker Dealer activities and Lease Finance activities.
* Working knowledge of Capital Markets
* CPA or CIA certification a plus
* Ability to understand, interpret, and apply general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures as well as applicable federal
* Overall understanding of audit techniques, internal controls and audit principles. Ability to manage and execute audit, from planning to audit closing;
* Strong critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills;
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to write clear and concise audit recommendations and reports;
Working knowledge of Lotus Notes ssive financial services company with great growth potential.