Internal Audit Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The purpose of the Audit Specialist position is to provide support to the Internal Audit department by working with auditing personnel and the EVP Internal Audit to perform various audit functions including performing audit testing and maintaining the department's issue resolution tracking.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform the following functions with guidance and direction from auditing personnel and or the EVP Internal Audit:
* At the direction of a lead auditor, test business performance through assessment of data, reports, case review, and system data as well as either participating in or performing interviews with appropriate personnel, etc.
* Determine, in conjunction with the lead auditor, the adequacy of controls for the safeguarding of assets and compliance with regulations.
* Support preparation of audit reports by providing the lead auditor a report of the observations from the testing performed.
* Research state/federal laws and Government regulations and assist the lead auditor as needed in testing compliance to these regulations.
* Manage audit documentation to ensure required documentation is completed and stored appropriately.
* Follow-up on remediation plans agreed to at the conclusion of an audit to ensure corrections are made according to the management response commitments, status updates provided are documented, remediation proof is obtained, and approval of closure is received from the EVP Internal Audit.
The successful candidate must be able to work with all levels of the organization's personnel and be able to perform a variety of support functions within the Internal Audit Department. The Audit Specialist will be required to perform testing at the direction of an Audit Lead. This testing is required to be clear, direct and be an unbiased assessment of test scenarios designed by the lead auditor. The Audit Specialist will track and follow-up on audit issues identified to ensure that they are resolved according to the business commitment made to the EVP Internal Audit, that any changes made to those commitments are well documented and approved, and that sufficient proof is provided to substantiate closure of the issue cited. In addition to these functions, this individual will support various aspects of the Internal Audit infrastructure.
* A minimum of three year relevant experience in an audit specialist, regulatory compliance specialist, or mortgage operations Specialist with regulatory/audit experience.
* A minimum of two years of experience in mortgage banking operations, compliance or Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
* Undergraduate degree in business, accounting/finance, or related degree or equivalent work experience.
* Strong organization and analytical skills.
* Very good communication and writing skills.
* Ability to learn and effectively use application systems needed for testing and research. Experience with the BlackKnight mortgage platform is a plus.
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and mortgage regulations, CFPB and OCC focused.
* Proficiency in MS Excel: MS Word and PowerPoint.