Lead Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join the internal audit team in Northbrook, IL. In this position you will utilize your knowledge of financial, accounting, and auditing principles to support the corporate internal audit group. This position will be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of financial, operational, and information system audits at UL offices. This position may be asked to supervise third-party resources on internal audits. Expected travel is 15%-35% which is predominantly international travel.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline plus two to five years of auditing/financial experience, including at least two years with a large public accounting firm. Candidate must actively hold or be pursuing a CPA, CIA, or CISA certification. Familiarity with data analysis tools and techniques is preferred.
* Plans, conducts, and supervises complex financial, operational, and information systems audits to verify accuracy, completeness, authorization, and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control processes.
* Assesses compliance with established policies/procedures or best practices by reviewing internal controls, testing transactions, and making recommendations for process improvement.
* Assists Lead or Manager with project management for audits, such as planning, staffing, scheduling, coordinating, report development, and performance assessment. May assist with the preparation of the annual risk assessment.
* Executes audit programs to achieve audit objectives by performing audit steps, coordinating audit activity, and preparing documentation.
* Drafts audit reports that support audit conclusions and provides value-added recommendations.
* Cooperates with outside auditors in support of the external audit.
* Plans and executes complex audit assignments under direct general supervision.
* Trains and develops audit team members and may provide input into performance review process.
* Develops audit wrap up summary and communicates recommendations to auditees and department management at appropriate level of detail.
* University Degree (Equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's Degree) in Accounting or a related discipline
* Three to five years directly related auditing/financial experience, including at least 2 years with a public accounting firm. (Preferably from a Big 4 firm)
* Active CPA or CIA or currently pursuing certification
* Demonstrates practical knowledge of financial accounting and auditing principles, detailed knowledge of auditing procedures and operational controls, and working knowledge of financial management.
* Demonstrates ability to operate with some latitude for independent action or decision and seek guidance when needed.
* Exhibits ability to understand relative importance of issues discovered in financial and operational audits.
* Can exercise independent judgment on broad assignments where systems and procedures are not always defined.
* Ability to participate in varied assignments that require evaluation, originality, and ingenuity with some latitude for independent decisions.
* Shows ability to prepare working papers that record and summarize audit results and recommend improvements in policies or procedures and meet performance standards.
* Travel as needed to conduct audit activities up to 35%.
* May be asked to perform other duties in support of department or company objectives
* Working from home one day a week (when and if possible)
* Compensation days for weekend travel
* Flexible start time each day