Internal Auditor II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As an Internal Auditor II in the Internal Audit Department, you will:
* Participate in and/or direct audits of the company s functional and financial operations.
* Document and assess the adequacy of internal controls and prepares recommendations for improvements.
* Serve as a consultant on designated Information Technology (IT) or other system development projects.
* Complete assignments related to Sarbanes-Oxley and Statutory Financial Reporting Model Regulation (MAR) compliance and guides less experienced staff.
Candidates below minimum qualifications may be considered as an Internal Auditor I (D08). Candidates above minimum qualifications may be considered as a Senior Internal Auditor I (D12).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Customer service skills
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, management information systems, or equivalent, required.
* Two years of previous experience in internal audit, public accounting, or equivalent, required.
* Working knowledge of information technology systems preferred.
* Willingness to work toward professional certification such as CPA, CIA or CISA preferred.
* Willingness to travel required.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.