Internal Auditor II 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction, this position is responsible for completing operational and otheraudit projects, documenting the results in auditreports, and provides regular updates on the status of the audits. This position typically requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field and at least three years of work-related experience.
* Completes operational audits such as onsite audits at field locations and corporate audits.
* Plans audits based on business risks, inefficiencies in operations, and fraud exposure.
* Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates data as part of the audit procedures.
* Documents audit files in a manner that supports audit findings and conclusions.
* Uses the necessary skills and follows established processes to detect and report fraud.
* Prepares clear, concise and timely reports according to department standards with recommendations to improve or correct all noted deviations and/or deficiencies.
* Provides excellent customer satisfaction and maintains an awareness and appreciation of the demands we place on field personnel and otherauditees.
* Handles special audit requests.
* Provides assistance for internal control testing for Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Completes special audit requests and other related projects as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
* At least three years of work-related experience.
* CIA, CPA, or CFE certification preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and able to successfully work on both individual and team projects.
* Exhibits high ethical standards, professional conduct, and work habits.
* Ability to meet deadlines and achieve maximum productivity through planning and organization
* Must have strong initiative, demonstrated problem solving abilities, and be able to communicate effectively
* Strong computer application skills with emphasis on Excel and understanding of databases for extracting data. Experience with ACL auditsoftwarepreferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on developing a positive rapport with company employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to travel (approximately 20%) and acceptable driving record
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: Investigator, Fraud, Loss Prevention, Audit