This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Manager Internal Audit
* Provide an objective, independent and risk-based evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company s operational and financial controls.
* Assist with risk assessment activities and preparation of the annual internal audit plan, as needed.
* Perform audits of various areas of the business, such as reviews of internal departments, promotional spending, manufacturing/distribution sites, 3rd party vendors, and new or existing information technology applications and other special projects.
* Participate in all phases of the audit process, as follows:
* Assist with audit scoping and fieldwork planning
* Assist with the development or updating of internal audit programs, as needed
* Deliver complete and accurate work product
* Complete work programs for assigned audit areas
* Identify control deficiencies and associated risk, business process improvements and cost savings opportunities; consult with auditee on possible remediation and implementation activities
* Document findings, draft audit report and follow up on issues
* Participate in kickoff and closing meetings
* Coordinate and perform remediation testing
* Assist in the Company s Sarbanes Oxley 404 process by documenting and testing internal controls over the financial reporting process.
* Support the Company s external auditors with the performance of substantive testing in support of their annual audit of the financial statements.
* Maintain comprehensive internal audit evidence and work papers by following departmental and IIA standards.
* Analyze data within audit areas using Oracle, Spotfire, Excel or other tools to understand trends and risk patterns.
* Summarize audit results and assist in preparation of reports to the Audit Committee.
* Stay abreast of new techniques and trends in the audit profession and recommend those applicable to the Company.
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management of all levels across the Company.
* Assist in the development of the Internal Audit Department s procedures, practices, and training of new team members.
* Bachelor s Degree in relevant discipline required (e.g., Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Equivalent)
* Professional certification, or clear progress toward certification is preferred (CPA, CMA, CIA, CISA or CFE)
* 1-3 years of experience in public accounting or internal audit is required
* Experience with manufacturing or consumer food products is preferred
* Strong knowledge of Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting / Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC Reports, COSO, PCAOB and IIA standards is required
* Experience with Oracle, Hyperion Financial Management and Microsoft Office software is preferred
* Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills ability to interact positively with all levels of management
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Motivated individual who demonstrates initiative and is able to conduct assignments with minimum direct guidance
* Proven ability to supervise and coach others and maintain a positive and professional work environment
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the work schedule is required
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.