Internal Auditor 8/16/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The role will involve a wide variety of projects with exposure to all functional areas in the business including financial, IT and operational control reviews and ad hoc assignments. This will ensure excellent exposure to a wide range of the Group's activities and processes and provide an excellent opportunity for future progression within the group.
* To plan and carry out risk driven audit assignments on a functional or area basis under the guidance of an Audit Manager. The plan should ensure clear objectives and scope are agreed prior to commencement of the audit.
* To be involved in pre and post implementation reviews for new system developments, and in the review and follow up of computer security matters.
* To discuss audit findings with management responsible focusing particularly on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
* To prepare and agree summary reports of audit findings and recommendations.
* To undertake follow up of significant recommendations to ascertain whether improvement actions have been implemented.
* To be involved in business projects or ad hoc assignments (e.g. self-assessment programmes, investigations etc), contributing risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
* Keep up to date with business developments (including acquisitions, new systems, new products and services etc).
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Accounting Information Systems or MIS or business related field
* Experience completing audits, internal controls evaluation and testing methodologies
* Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley Act's requirements, information technology risks, processes and controls and other leading business and IT control frameworks
* Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
* Minimum 3years of professional experience with a large accounting firm or corporation's internal audit
* Oracle, Hyperion and Exact accounting software experience is a strong plus
* Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Fluent in English