This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Smithfield Foods, Inc Internal Audit Department is currently seeking an Internal Auditor to support execution of a coordinated risk assessment and audit planning process, participate in financial, operational and compliance audits, management requests as well as work closely with and partner with the Company Management. The position is located in Smithfield, VA.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Assist in the development of the risk assessment and audit planning process to effectively understand the changes and enterprise risks associated with the Company s strategic, operational, financial, and compliance objectives.
* Assist in planning and execution of audit projects in accordance with department standards, ensuring identifying potential risk areas for the area under review.
* Assist in determining that adequate corrective action on reported audit findings is timely taken and is achieving the desired results.
* Foster a quality-oriented environment stressing continuous improvement.
* Ensure effective and efficient cooperation with management and the external auditors.
* Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
* Ensure adequate audit techniques are used to measure effectiveness of the Company s operations.
* Ensure audit work papers adequately support the work done, results obtained and conclusions reached.
* Ensure audit reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise and constructive to provide management with value added internal control and operations improvement opportunities.
* Maintain effective communications with Management and other members of the global Smithfield audit team.
* Provide and maintain a co-operation program with the external auditors ensuring adequate audit coverage, avoiding duplication of work and making use of each other s work to the maximum extent possible.
* Participate in the development and implementation of quality initiatives as may be issued from time to time.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and an MBA is preferred, but not required.
* Experience in public accounting and/or the Food Industry is preferrred, but not required.
* Financial Auditing, Operational Auditing, Management Consulting, Information Systems Auditing, In-depth knowledge of Internal Control Techniques, and People Management skills necessary.
Experience auditing in SAP environment is desired, but not required. * Understanding of GAAP and internal auditing standards.
* Computer skills, including Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Suite.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
* Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
* Experience in performing multiple projects.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Promote an ethical culture utilizing these 4 core values; integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and competency.
* Must be able to travel 15% to 20% of the time.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
* Perform bending, squatting, sitting and reaching from floor level to six feet in height for lifting and sorting.
* Occasionally exposed to (non-weather) extreme cold.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud if in the plant.
* Auditors are exposed to varying environments and must be adaptable to diversified climates.
* Projects may involve visiting various Smithfield facilities (plants, distribution centers, cold storage locations, etc.) and spending time in those environments.
* Physical inventories and reviewing distribution center processes and controls are two examples of time spent in the freezers and coolers.