Internal Auditor Sr - I (CISA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Internal Audit supports management's commitment to a sound internal control structure, provides reasonable assurance to management that the internal control structure can be relied upon to mitigate inherent risks, and provides an objective review of the effectiveness of controls implemented by the company's business unit leaders.
The Senior Auditor I, under general direction of the audit manager, plans, conducts and documents audit projects or larger projects as assigned by Internal Audit management. In addition, the Senior Auditor I will perform first level review of work completed by staff auditors.
* Prepares draft planning memos, audit programs and work papers for review and approval by audit supervisor;
* Utilizes an understanding of business activities to recommend scope and objectives of assigned audits, execute audit procedures, perform detailed analyses, reach sound conclusions, and document results for assigned audit activities;
* Participates in the execution of multiple audit projects to achieve the scope, timing, and objectives of each assignment;
* Identifies applicable regulatory guidance during audits and recommends audit coverage where appropriate;
* Identifies risks, evaluates controls and makes recommendations to improve internal control and operational effectiveness and efficiency;
* Analyzes and verifies transactions, data populations, data trends and anomalies and representations;
* Prepares excellent work paper documentation ensuring quality of such documentation in accordance with professional standards, as well as established departmental standards and deadlines;
* Performs quality first level review of all work completed by staff auditors;
* Participates in departmental improvement projects to automate procedures, methods, and standards to improve departmental efficiency, productivity and quality;
* Prepares recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reductions in cost;
* Assists the audit supervisor in gaining concurrence and support for recommended control improvements; and,
* Promotes teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Excellent oral and written skills;
* Excellent understanding of auditing concepts and practices;
* Strong analytical ability (qualitative and quantitative) to draw sound conclusions;
* Proficiency with standard concepts and practices of internal auditing, particularly the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and/or Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) ;
* Strong verbal communicator, analytical writer and able to clearly and concisely convey personal observations of processes, risks and controls;
* Demonstrated knowledge and proper application of sampling techniques;
* Strong working knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on word processing and spreadsheet programs;
* Excellent attention to details and organizational skills; and,
* Ability to thrive in and enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, accounting information systems, information science, computer science or related program (required);
* Must have a minimum of four years' experience in internal or external audit;
* Master's Degree can be substituted in lieu of years of experience;
* Active certification as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (required). Prefer dual certification at this level; however, not a requirement for the role;
* Financial services experience preferred; and
* Demonstrates the ability to meet expectations of essential functions and minimum qualifications.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.