Internal Communications Manager (healthcare)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For An Internal Communications Manager, Health & Benefits
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Communications team in Lincolnshire or Chicago.
Your Impact As An Internal Communications Manager, Health & Benefits
The Internal Communications Manager will work with other internal communicators to develop and execute innovative and effective internal communication solutions in support of Aon s Health & Benefits solutions. Specifically, the role will support the U.S. Health & Benefits practice, Health Administration, and Exchanges. The consultant will support senior leaders to inform and engage colleagues, change behavior where required, and drive business results. The candidate will be comfortable interacting with executives, managers, and project teams to assess communication needs and define objectives, audiences, and key messages that support the strategy and deliver results. The candidate will maintain strong, ongoing client relationships, becoming an influential advisor, and knowing what issues are important to the client. The candidate will use both innovative approaches and proven solutions to deliver the best possible communications, and will work across boundaries to ensure holistic communication and change support with the colleagues at the center. The position will report to the VP, Internal Communications.
* Cultivate trusted partnerships with senior Health & Benefits leaders to help influence communication style and effectiveness and generate results for the business. Become their trusted partner and advisor on communication issues.
* Work with leaders to identify communication objectives, brainstorm creative solutions, and develop and execute communication plans using multiple channels.
* Ensure the planning, development, and execution of leader communications are consistent with Aon s communication strategy, support business priorities and objectives, and align to the company s values and goals. Weave key messages into ongoing communication channels and ensure synergy between company, segment, and division communications. Partner with other segments to align timing and intent of messages, where appropriate.
* Develop and implement communication plans and deliverables for key Health & Benefits projects.
* Contribute to various Aon Risk Solutions and Aon Hewitt communications and ensure they support colleagues deeper understanding of the company s and segment s business direction.
* Develop and maintain key communication channels for Health & Benefits in the U.S. and support global messaging.
* Develop and implement strategies to use Aon s knowledge management platform (Aon Avenue) as a key channel for key initiatives.
* Carry a significant writing workload, creating a wide range of communication deliverables including face-to-face, video, voice, online to engage and inform all levels of colleagues.
* Comfortably manage the full breadth of logistical support for communication events.
* Work closely with all members of the Communications team to ensure alignment and collaborate on broad issues, where appropriate.
* Track impact and success measures of efforts.
* Successfully manage and prioritize a significant workload, shifting work to others where appropriate.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
The ideal candidate will have exceptional consulting and writing skills and will demonstrate versatility, creativity, and flexibility. He/she will manage multiple priorities and carry a significant writing workload.
Additional qualifications include:
* Bachelor s degree in related discipline, MBA/Masters degree a plus (Journalism, Communication, Organizational Development, English, Business)
* 7-10 years of relevant communication experience
* Strong business acumen in health and/or an operations environment
* Demonstrated organizational, project management, and presentation skills
* Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers and subject matter experts and work in a matrixed environment
* An ability to build relationships both in-person and virtually
* Able to balance multiple priorities and work well independently
* An understanding of change management concepts and communication technologies
* MS Office proficiency required.
* SharePoint preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420143
CATEGORY: Marketing and Communications Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire