Internal Control Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
The Internal Control Specialist will provide internal control expertise to the Operations control owners You will also be responsible for documenting operational processes, identifying existing compliance and financial controls, discovering control gaps, and recommending new or revised controls in support of an overall Quality Management System. Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and systems. Analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact. Ensures exceptions are validated, consults with management to develop corrective action plans, and tracks to completion. May design/coordinate the development of training materials, self-assessment tools to be used and implemented by the control owners, and deliver training throughout Regence.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, computer science, or business administration, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Four years of audit, IT or related business experience.
* CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred.
* Excellent communicator, ability to prepare clear, concise written memoranda.
* Strong flowcharting skills using flowcharting software.
* Willingness to work in a collaborative manner with various business and IT personnel and to facilitate communication between internal and external auditors, operational and IT personnel.
* Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
* Outstanding analytical skills, ability to analyze complex business situations, learn quickly, and synthesize corresponding solutions, options, and action plans.
* Ability to understand complex business and technical controls and then verbally convey that information and any recommendations in lay terms.
* Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little supervision and within prescribed time frames.
* Strong research skills in understanding business and technical processes.
* Health insurance experience is a plus.
* Skilled in the use of personal computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Databases and Web Applications.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.