Internal IT Audit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 11414 Internal IT Audit Manager (Open)
Finance - Internal Audit
This position is responsible for overseeing, managing and monitoring the IT Internal Audit annual plan. This position manages a team of internal auditors who perform Security, IT General Controls and Service Management audits which identify potential exceptions and control deficiencies.
Essential Job Functions
Collaborate with the Executive Director Internal Audit and Audit Managers to plan and execute IT and Security related audits or reviews consistent with Internal Audit's Charter.
* Provide a weekly and quarterly update to the Executive Director Internal Audit of team progress.
* Manage the creation of the IT audit schedule/plan, on a risk based approach, including consideration of integrated audits aligned with Finance and Operational audits
* Have sufficient IT knowledge to discuss and determine resources, evaluate effectiveness (design and operating) and to act as a consultant to CSG Management.
* Coordinate Internal Audit personnel to fulfill the audit schedule/plan, assessment of the design and operating effectiveness and issuance of audit exceptions and/or deficiencies.
* Perform risk assessments with auditees to identify and assess risk facing their business/role.
* Document the results of internal audit's work in accordance with the department standards and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
Act as the main point of contact with external auditors for IT and Security audits/reviews.
Perform the review and oversight procedures in the company's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and SSAE16 audits:
* Report the results to the Executive Director of Internal Audit for review prior to distributing to CSG Management for their review.
* Act as the main point of contact with external auditors and a liaison with the business process owners, specifically these audits may require:
* Review all work papers and ensure all comments are cleared
* Facilitate the preparation and review of the SSAE 16 report / SOX management reporting
* Provide an overall status for each audit and highlight identified deficiencies or management recommendations.
Manage Internal Audit personnel, their career development & continually motivate the team to reach full potential:
* Administratively managing a team of staff auditors, including completing performance reviews and providing training
* Facilitate separate staff meetings & provide regular updates to the Executive Director of Internal Audit
* Provide feedback on performance of Internal Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable.
Prepare deficiency updates, reporting & monitoring monthly and quarterly on all open financial and compliance-related audit deficiencies:
* Provide update artifacts to CSG Management and to the Executive Director
* Facilitate periodic update meetings with department stakeholders to ensure transparent understanding of open audit deficiencies
Perform the development and implementation of Internal Audit policies and procedures
Act as point of contact on the IT Risk Committee and provide consultative feedback on the assessment of risk.
Provide audit consultative services to CSG Management collaborate with the Executive Director Internal Audit.
Regular and reliable attendance is required.
This job requires domestic and/or international travel as needed.
Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's core competencies and values.
External - External Auditors and Contractors
Internal - All departments within CSG. CSG Executives and the Board of Directors
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, technology or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience
* Professional certifications are preferred (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
* 6-8 years of previous Intenral Audit experience for a Global Company, S&P Small Cap 600 or Fortune 500, preferred
* 5+ years of previous management experience
* Previous experience leading and executing IT and Security Audit Plans
* Previous experience leading and executing Service Organization Reports (SSAE16 SOC 1 and 2) including testing and reporting of findings.
* Previous experience leading and executing Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 (disclosure controls and procedures) and Section 404 (internal controls over financial reporting) assessments (documentation and testing), including the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness and follow up regarding remediation activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Expert knowledge of audit procedures
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to mentor and train staff
* Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with all levels of management and associates
* Ability to be decisive
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external customers internally and remotely
* Ability to stay organized even with multiple projects
* Proficient in IT-related risks and auditing techniques
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Working knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
* Working knowledge of attestation standards established by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
* Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications as well as Project software.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.