Internal Wholesaler - Retirement Plans
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At StanCorp Equities, Inc., the retirement plans sales and marketing arm of The Standard (www.standard.com) we are committed to helping people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. If you like to make a difference and stand out from the crowd, consider pursuing your career dreams with us.
As an Internal Retirement Plan Consultant, you will have the opportunity to provide support to the sales team by consulting with channel partners and Retirement Plan Consultants, planning events and acting as a liaison between channel partners and the outside sales staff. This roll is integral to the success of the assigned region.
* Achieve regional margin excess objectives through assisting Retirement Plan Consultants in establishing effective and long term working relationships with channel partners. Develop new sources of business, and demonstrate product expertise and knowledge of competition in order to increase sales.
* Partner with the sales team to generate sales ideas and strategies. Partner with Retirement Plan Consultant to devise customized sales and marketing strategies to uncover new potential advisors and strengthen relationships with existing advisors.
* Identify new sales opportunities, make cold/warm calls, and provide initial company/product information to prospective channel partners. Facilitate an introduction and provide a warm hand-off to the Retirement Plan Consultant. May initiate contact with channel partners regarding new products, generating interest and providing a warm hand-off to the Retirement Plan Consultant. Research and identify opportunities for Retirement Plan Consultants to meet new channel partners, including the planning, organizing and control of producer lists with identified targets and markets. Follow up with channel partners after meeting with the Retirement Plan Consultant to address or facilitate resolution of any outstanding issues.
* Provide consulting to channel partners on trends in the marketplace, sales tools and sales opportunities. Coordinate marketing activity and consult on new client opportunity calls with information and ideas to support the selection of Standard as the provider of choice, including due diligence information on products, investment offerings, and plan design questions.
* Respond to channel partners as appropriate when Retirement Plan Consultant is not available, ensuring that the face to the partner is seamless.
Education: Bachelor s degree required.
Experience: 3 or more years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in the retirement plans industry or investment brokerage firm environment. Prefer some experience with securities or retirement plans sales.
Professional certification required: FINRA Series 6 or 7 required within six months of hire.
Physical Demands: Ability to travel occasionally (4-6 times per year).
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Apply for this job onlineApply
E-mail this job postingRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS