International Account Specialist Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 21621 - Posted 08/16/2016 - Supply Chain - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US
The International Account Specialist is responsible for the Sales Order Management process, customer satisfaction and support, account reconciliation, and supporting the revenue stream of Arkema, Inc. Individuals in the International Account Specialist role will have SAP, ISO and related systems proficiency/expertise. At least 50% of the job is focused on international.
- General understanding of parties involved in international transactions for Export and/or Import. Broker/Forwarder/Notify Parties/Consignee/Steamship Lines/NVOCC/consolidator/etc.
- Understand the international processes for air/ocean/cross-border shipments. Understand terms of transactions and what is required for an international shipment.
- Required regulatory training (published) is to be kept up to date per Arkema's agreement with USCBP under the ISA (importers self-assessment) agreement.
- Must be able to comprehend and execute to the constantly changing international environment and heavy regulated area of transportation. Must be a self-started to gain information from customers when regulatory changes are made in foreign countries.
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently through compliated processes.
- Manage customer orders, manage customer expectations, resolve crisis situations, work with DM to satisfy delivery dates, maintain master records, handle credits/debits/returns, and resolve residuals, recording complaints.
- Export: In addition to the standard order processes, can understand and execute Customer Master setting for international order, understands and correctly enters all settings and text messages to create a valid and complete Shipper Letter of Instruction.
- Import: Understand & execute the purchasing process for Imports, implications of maintaining updated delivery and quantities and impact to Stock requirements for production and/or domestic sales.
- Provide costs of transportation and services as part of the pricing equation for international sales.
- Exports & Imports: Understand the parties involved, Incoterms 2010 and responsibilities for parties based on Incoterms.
- Understand the role of the forwarder/broker in the international processes, execute queries with steamship lines, tank operators and parties involved in the transaction.
- Work with the international credit department to ensure Arkema's interests are protected in international trade. Understanding of Letters of Credit and/or documentary drafts.
- Strong Knowledge of SAP/ERP Master Data
- Quote list prices and/or special competitive pricing and/or provide discounts to customers as agreed by marketing and sales for Domestic customers
- Balancing customer needs within the BU forecasting process and plant production in coordination with Supply Chain.
- Manage customer orders by source of supply (domestic or international)
- Obtain and Manage sales forecast for designated customers through the SMD process by collecting and inputting information in Picaso through a 3 month rolling cycle.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The Arkema Customer Service Organization is centralized in structure but de-centralized in execution as the incumbent will support a particular Business Unit (s).
Daily functions are conducted in accordance with Arkema, Inc. Customer Service ISO 9000 Quality & Procedures Manual, Business Unit Work Instructions and associated documents, Business Unit Rules s or Guidelines, Company Policies and Procedures, Federal, State and Local Legal, Tax, Health, Safety and Environmental Guidelines/Regulations (Includes Robinson Pactman Act, Hazmat, TOSCA, NAFTA, Product Stewardship, DOT, IMCO, among others.
- Accurate Order entry including complete and appropriate Shipper Letter of Instruction (SLI) information to be communicated to Arkema's Forwarder for booking, document distribution, etc.
- Follows and assists with the development of business specific service rules.
- SME who provides support to team members related to daily activities, training, coaching, guidance and resources.
- Ensure the same level of service is applied to all accounts whether they are assigned specifically to you or a team member. Clear, two-way communication to team members regarding the status of customer accounts in a back-up situation.
- Accurate information for Imports. Monitor arrivals, ISF 10+2 and timely submission of purchase order data and documents to Arkema's Broker.
- Understand & execute the import process with minimal impact to inventory accuracy for orders to domestic customers and raw material deliveries for production.
- Update SAP order (Export and Import), Purchase Orders, Inbound deliveries and shipments appropriately for with accurate information as needed.
- Communicates consistently & appropriately with customers internal (Supply Chain, plant personnel, regulatory, logistics, etc.) and external (Customers, Forwarder, Broker, Carriers, Affiliates, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in SAP customer master and updates frequently to communicate critical data to internal users, forwarder, etc.
- Consistently uses & understands Import/Export processes, integration with other parties.
- Understands the implications of Arkema as the USPPI (US Principle Party of Interest) and recommends appropriate actions to assist customers while at the same time protects the interest of Arkema in international transactions.
- Timely audit of all shipment records, reporting inconsistencies such as incorrect values for duties and avoiding fines and penalties.
- Consistent use of Bundled documents for timely submission of export documents to Arkema's Forwarder.
- Clear communication of service commitments to customers and with internal contacts (sales, DM, planning) on demand changes and delays impacting service, understanding of customer financials (residuals, credits/debits, overdue invoices), provide consistent high quality service to all customers.
- Clear understand of the roles of all parties in the international process.
- Proactive communication of shipments to Affiliates.
- Demonstrate clear understanding and execution of international trade documents such as Letter of Credit, Documentary Collections, Drafts, etc.
- Investigates, approves, documents, and pays invoices for additional charges as appropriate.
- Uses resources appropriately when researching issues, foreign regulation changes, etc.
- Maintains timely and accurate files and audits for import and export shipments.
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies, authorities, etc.
- Maintaining training and knowledge of international regulations, continual SAP skill development (more complex orders, inventory planning screens) understanding and ability to navigate within the business organizational structure, work independently on process improvement and crisis resolution.
- Identify the need for new ISO Procedures; make recommendations for revisions and/or deletions of ISO procedures
- Ability to enter and close complaints in each BU's specific complaint system within BU established service level. Identify trends and communicate to appropriate function.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS required
- Minimum Years Of Experience = 3-6
- Intermediate Excel skills (V-Look up; pivot tables, etc.) preferred.
- Proficient in Power Point.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), problem solving & decision making skills; presentation skills
- ERP Experience; SAP Strongly Preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.