International Sales Manager 9/2/2016
The Carlisle Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exciting international sales opportunity available! We are working with a privately held international exporter that specializes in branding and merchandising with clients all over the world and has been in business since 1958. This organization has retained our services to find an International Business Development Manager. We are seeking someone fluent in Mandarin Chinese. This position will offer the opportunity for global travel. When not on the road, the position will be located in the Houston, TX area.
This position will report directly to, and will work very closely with, the Senior Vice President of Exports & International Business. This position will be the lead person for the company in reference to the merchandising relationships with their international grocery retail/wholesale clients. The Business Development Manager will work to identify areas of opportunity for the company's services/products by building close relationships with grocery buying and merchandising teams globally.
* Consultative approach to identifying center store, refrigerated and frozen merchandising and product opportunities within the grocery retail and wholesale distributor channels
* Research and develop new business opportunities within a variety of channels including supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience, club, department, specialty, and e-commerce
* Represent the company at food shows, conferences and industry events
* Travel internationally and work with current and prospective clients on brokering what products are to be introduced to their customers and how to position/merchandise within the stores
* Provide expertise through a consultative approach in merchandising, category management, pricing, business plans, promotions, product assortment, space planning, plan-o-grams, point-of-sale etc.
* Provide hands on leadership and a willingness to be involved intimately in the business life cycle with all clients
* Generate brand awareness
* 5+ years of merchandising experience, ideally working with center store grocery, frozen, perishables, and non-perishables categories
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Fluency speaking and writing Mandarin Chinese
* Extensive expertise in category management, business plans, negotiations, promotions, shelf/space management, product selection, market research, etc.
* Ability to travel internationally
* Experience with presentations to executive leadership
* Hands-on style and ability to be self-supporting with a proactive mentality
* Entrepreneurial mentality