International Tax Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The International Tax Manager has a broad experience in international tax compliance and structuring matters. The Tax Manager is involved in many areas of engagement and provides structure planning, foreign tax credit, world-wide tax minimization planning, transfer pricing analysis, foreign assignment planning and general international business advice for clients.
This individual is responsible for the delivery of a full range of international tax services, to multiple clients in a wide range of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative international tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex international tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
* Consult with clients on all international tax related matters providing innovative tax planning and compliance expertise
* Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their international operations as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an effective worldwide tax strategy.
* Conduct and direct complex research on tax issues by jurisdiction and communicate findings
* Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME MAJOR TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ABOVE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assumes responsibility for planning, supervising and completing engagements
* Provides overall leadership, supervision, training and performance feedback to senior associates and associates
* Complies with all professional standards and ethics
* Reviews engagement workpapers, resolves any problems and keeps the partner informed of all important developments in the engagement
* Develops new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the Firm
* Maintains and enhances client service, ensuring quality, efficiency, identification and delivery of value-added services, and provides overall excellent client relations
* Recognizes and seizes opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
* Actively markets and cross-sells the various services provided by the firm
* Routinely networks with others in the industry, prospective referral sources, and/or prospective clients
* Consistently meets established deadlines, ensuring that work/review processes are complete and adequate time has been provided for manager/partner review processes
* Achieves efficiency as measured by actual hours vs. budgeted hours per engagement
* Completes at least 40 hours of CPE per year, with at least 8-15 hours directed towards management/leadership development skills
* Participates in management meetings upon request; demonstrates active leadership and initiative
* Prepares otherreports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners