International Tax Manager 8/18/2016
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International Tax Manager
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Industry: Information Technology - Computer Software
Job Category: Finance / Accounting - Taxes
Base Salary - $95,000 to $125,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Visa Candidate Considered: No
External Job Description:
Search Keysight Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, is the world's premier electronic test and measurement company, with approximately $3B in worldwide revenues.
Keysight serves the communications, aerospace and defense and industrial markets.
Keysight became an independent publicly traded company in November 2014, when Agilent Technologies separated into two companies; a life-sciences company (that will retain the name Agilent) and a new electronic measurement company Keysight.
The International Tax Manager is a critical role within the Income Tax function of Keysight's Tax Department. This position is responsible for preparation of Keysight's US international income tax compliance.
The International Tax Manager reports to the International Tax Senior Manager. The role has significant interaction with other members of the Keysight Tax team and the finance organization.
Members of Keysight's India Tax Office report to the International Tax Manager to perform preparation, analysis, and first level review assignments.
A significant portion of the compliance is prepared by Keysight's India Tax office located in Manesar, India.
Accordingly, the ability to manage global teams remotely is a key skill.
Primary job responsibilities will include the following:
* Prepare US tax calculation of international transactions that are required for US GAAP tax provision and federal income tax compliance, including: Foreign Tax Credit, Subpart F, Earnings & Profits, foreign tax pools and outside basis in foreign subsidiaries.
* Track and reconcile deferred tax balances related to international calculations included in US GAAP tax provision.
* Prepare related US international tax compliance forms included within the federal income tax return.
* Assist with management of US tax implications of international income tax positions taken by the company.
* Partner with other members of the Tax team to fulfill these responsibilities.
* Manage India Tax Team reporting to you, including providing technical instruction, oversight, and guidance.
* Maintain knowledge of current income tax law related to international issues and ensure proper application as part of the company's tax compliance processes.
* Assist with special projects as necessary, such as tax research, analysis of income tax consequences of transactions, acquisitions, and divestitures, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
* Collaborate across the business, the finance organization and the Keysight global tax team.
* BA/BS degree in accounting. CPA and/or Masters in Tax preferred.
* A minimum of 5-7 years tax experience in Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent experience in a tax department of a large multi-national corporation.
* Strong understanding of and experience with US international tax principles.
* Experience in preparing international components of a US Tax Return for a large multi-national corporation.
* Exposure to ASC740 (FAS109), FIN48 and accounting principles.
* Must be a detail-oriented, organized thinker with strong accounting, analytical and computer skills.
* Excellent inter-personal skills required.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, across functions, organizations and with external contacts.
* High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
* The individual must have the highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
* Must be a team player.