International Tax Specialist/Sr. International Tax Specialist
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
The candidate will be principally responsible for preparing all required U.S. federal corporate income tax forms, including, but not limited to, Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 5713, 1118, and TDF 90-22.1, as well as tracking CFC Subpart F, Earnings and Profits, Previously Taxed Income, local foreign taxes, and various other tax attributes. The candidate will be able to provide assistance to more senior international tax professionals in preparing various calculations and analyses in the compliance and financial reporting areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Preparation of international information required for U.S. tax reporting, including Form(s) 5471, Information Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations, Form(s) 8858, Information Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Foreign Disregarded Entities, Form(s) 8865, Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships, Form TDF 90-22.1, Report of Foreign Banks and Financial Institutions, and Form 5713, International Boycott Report and all related return attachments, elections or disclosures.
* Prepare computations for the foreign tax credit (FTC), including the calculation of earnings and profits and tax pools of foreign subsidiaries. Assist the Manager in the identification and resolution of various FTC issues.
* Prepare or review calculations required under ASC 740 relating to international operations, including both current and deferred tax provisions, tax account reconciliations, and monitoring of local foreign tax audits.
* Assist with international tax software implementation and maintenance.
* Assist in gathering information for U.S. federal tax audits.
* Assist with various assigned projects, including research and planning for specific issues.
* Establish contacts at various divisions/subsidiaries for documentation and resolution of foreign tax issues
Direction of Others or Direction Received:
* The candidate will represent the first level of return preparation and may be able to provide guidance to other finance individuals outside of the tax function. There are no direct reports for this position.
* Primary contacts are members of the tax department and operations finance personnel globally. Secondary contacts are corporate treasury and accounting personnel and outside service providers.
* Have a Bachelor s Degree in Accounting.
* Have a CPA certificate or be working toward a CPA. An advanced degree is highly desirable but not required.
* Have 3-5 years of international tax experience either in industry or with a public accounting firm.
* Have strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
* Be proficient with Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Experience with CorpTax and enterprise software such as SAP or Hyperion is highly desirable, but not required.
* Be effective working independently as well as in a team environment.
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.