Internship - Metallurgical - Materials Science
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCIPTION
Johns Manville has an exciting opportunity for a 2017 summer intern to work side by side with industry leaders in our R&D Metallurgical lab located in Littleton ,CO. The team is responsible for working with high temperature metallic materials (including superalloys and PMG materials) and ceramics. A strong candidate will utilize their superior analytical skills and technical abilities to continually drive processes forward on a multitude of projects, both individually and as a team. Due to the nature of our department, specific project details will not be known until closer to the intern's start date. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Failure analysis
- Preparation of presentations and reports
Interns will be assigned a mentor.
- Pursuing a degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, or Materials Science.
- Completed junior or senior year of undergraduate course work and enrolled in classes for Fall 2017(Graduate students are also encouraged to apply).
- Coursework in Microstructural Development and Mechanical Testing.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of tensile testing and analysis of tensile testing.
- Experience working with high temperature metallic and ceramic materials
- Experience working with optical microscopes.
- SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) knowledge.
- Strong organizational, computer and communication skill
- Willingness to learn new tools
- Able to meet commitments and deadlines
- Enjoys working in a high paced team environment
- Committed and passionate for results
- Able to communicate effectively with team members and management
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of Minitab
- GPA of at least 3.0 at an accredited college or university.
The Johns Manville Internship Program is designed to provide challenging and fulfilling work in your area of expertise. We also offer additional opportunities from community service events, social outings, and intern seminars to allow you to give back, network, and gain a broader understanding of JM and its functions. We take a holistic approach to your development and are committed to providing a valuable experience for both you and the company. At the conclusion of the summer, all interns will have the opportunity to present their achievements to functional leaders at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
We encourage you to find out why interning with us is such a rewarding experience by checking out the internship page on our website and apply today!