This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Join our Future Focus Internship Program
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real world business experience. ERIE s internships are paid, competitive and available in many disciplines. Internship positions may be offered at our corporate headquarters in Erie, Pa., in the following departments:
* Human Resources
* Internal Audit
About the Internship
The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
* A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
* A personal mentor
* A welcome event for interns, mentors and supervisors
* Educational programs and roundtable lunches
* Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders
* Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
Applying for an Internship
Ready to Apply* Keep in mind that:
* Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master's degree program full-time
* A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore or junior year
* A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to type and enter data.
* Ability to operate a computer and general office equipment.
* Good organizational skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Good research & analytical skills
* Pursuit of Bachelor s degree in a relevant field with completion of sophomore or junior years or current status as a graduate student required.
* Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software preferred.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Often (20-50%) 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%) Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Frequent (50-80%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.