This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Residency Interventional RT:
* Will hire new grad from Radiology School with a Neurovascular Lab and/or Cardiac Cath Lab rotation while in school or current RT with no Neurovascular Lab experience
* Completion of BLS by end of fellowship program.
Program length 9 months.
2 year commitment.
* Job Summary:
* To perform professional duties to include a variety of technical procedures involving the application of prescribed ionizing radiation for cardiac, neuro and vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.
* Two years of formal radiologic technology training in a school approved by the Council on Education of the American Medical Association, successful completion of the Association s examination and/or formal training in Cardiovascular Technology.
* Special Skills:
* Certification from the State of New Jersey X-ray Technician Board of Examiners required and ARRT certification preferred, CPR certification and unit based orientation. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and risk factors. Physical dexterity to operate sensitive equipment to produce recordings and to perform tests on patients requiring placement of equipment in sensitive areas. Demonstrates effective interactive and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills. Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. Ability to function competently in stressful situations and a changing work environment related to changing patient needs, including working with patients with acute, chronic and complex disease processes and those who are dying. Ability to work cooperatively within the healthcare system, with patients and family members and with multidisciplinary team members (i.e. physicians, Respiratory, DI, LAB, etc.). Ability to use critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to effectively problem-solve and deliver care.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.