Inventory Control Analyst - Retail Parts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Parts Director, the Inventory Control Analyst monitors branch inventory control processes and ensures Parts inventories are performing at optimum levels. The Inventory Analyst will place all stock orders for Company branches and supervise fill rate, parts availability, excess and non-moving inventory levels, as well as eliminate stock out situations. They will be responsible for setting inventory parameters for each branch with input from the branch Parts mangers and in conjunction with Parts SBU directives. The Inventory Control Analyst should also be capable of investigating and recommending technological and other process driven changes improving the productivity and profitability of the Parts SBU.
* Monitor all inventory control processes to include all branch stock purchases, planning and parameter changes, excess inventory reduction and redistribution, stock and non-stock report, back order reports, and open purchase order maintenance.
* Monitor and work to improve all applicable KPIs regarding inventory functionality.
* Process all daily MDI stock order for all locations.
* Review open PO's and discrepancies. Work with branches and vendors to resolve.
* Initiate vendor returns or inter-branch transfers of no movement inventory.
* Participate in bulk purchasing strategy and tie purchases to future promotions where possible.
* Work with Parts Director to identify and develop technological or other solutions which will simplify and improve the accuracy of inventory ordering, receiving, control and invoicing processes.
* Assist Parts SBU leadership in tracking and attainment of all vendor purchase incentive programs.
* Assist in new vendor selection, implementation and consolidation.
* Assist in setting up and opening new locations.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Valid Driver's License
* Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or Business Administration with 5years' experience in a parts distribution environment preferred.
* Thorough understanding of inventory theory and practice, ability to adapt concepts to real applications. Must be able to extract and analyze data, drawing relevant and actionable conclusions.
* Receptive to new ideas and new processes; eager to investigate and implement as appropriate.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced computer/software abilities.
This is a 1st shift position.