Inventory Manager - Media
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Time Warner Cable
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
This is an exciting time to join our team! Time Warner Cable Media is now Spectrum Reach. Spectrum Reach, the merger and power of three great companies Spectrum Reach (Charter), Time Warner Cable and Bright House Media Strategies, will create tremendous new advertising and marketing opportunities for our clients across the country. Our ambition is to be the marketing platform of choice for advertisers in our markets. With national scale and an unmatched commitment to innovation, we are well positioned to deliver a powerful combination of innovative ad products and services to help our clients achieve their objectives.
The Inventory Manager oversees a team of Inventory professionals and schedule builders and is aligned with a Senior Sales leader to optimize inventory across multiple markets. The Inventory Manager s team provides pricing, yield management and analytical guidance; including setting rates, identifying opportunities, tailoring packages to the local markets, pre-clearing major orders and curating reports across multiple Sales markets. In addition, to managing the team, the Inventory Manager spends a significant amount of their time helping to oversee enterprise-wide Inventory projects and initiatives alone or teamed up with other Inventory Managers.
The Inventory Manger will spend a significant amount of their time overseeing a team of Pricing and Planning Managers (Inventory professionals) and Account Planners (Schedule Builders). The Inventory Manager will also spend approximately half of their working on projects/initiatives to improve inventory utilization for all of Media.
People Management 50%:
* Coach, mentor, hire and develop staff.
* Provide career development for team members.
* Conduct annual reviews, compensation planning and performance coaching for team members.
* Develop staff to maximize Inventory utilization across multiple markets
* Implement and ensure the utilization of uniform practices and policy adherence.
* Review team performance and trends across multiple markets to ensure that Pricing and Planning Managers are leveraging best practices.
* Work Closely with Senior Sales leaders to ensure that Pricing and Planning team members are delivering on agreed upon KPIs for each market.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring team members perform their roles in the following:
* Rate Card Management: Collaboration with sales leaders to create rates for all networks and high profile opportunities. Format finalized rates, load in Strata Rate Card Manager and post AE friendly rate cards. Update rates throughout the quarter for individual networks experiencing inventory pressure.
* Inventory Reports: Provide concise overviews and clear recommendations surrounding sellout pressure during weekly sales meetings. Post daily inventory reports that show open/sold/available inventory. Post Eclipse Web Quarterly Avail reports 2x per week. Monitor automated snap detail avail reports for accuracy.
* High Profile Opportunity Tracking: Identify schedules for HPO events (date, time, network, etc.). Sanity check tracker daily to ensure all client data is captured correctly. Provide weekly status updates to sales leaders on event performance (sellout pressure, rates).
* Order Clearance: Approves order as Sales Manager in TIM. Pre-clears key client orders and revisions in TIM (includes NCC). Pushes order to GM for approval if rates/spot loads are questionable. Works with Account Executive/Sales Assistant on make-good options if inventory will not clear. Provides one-on-one inventory guidance to AE during proposal creation for key clients.
* Digital Planning: Work with sales leaders to set pricing strategy, estimate inventory and price digital packages
Inventory Projects 50%:
* Collaborate with other Inventory Mangers to look at full-foot print opportunities and or deliver on projects as assigned by the department Director.
* Lead and/or participate in initiatives to improve the inventory function for all of Media.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
7-10 years of experience conducting analysis and making recommendations about Media Inventory or in a related field.
2-3 years experience working directly with Sales Managers in a consultative relationship.
3-5 year managing and supervising others.
A four year college degree is preferred as is three years experience in operations management.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 11601
Controlling Establishment ID: 00376 - LA Santa Monica Blvd
Job Code: TWCATF630 Mgr, Traffic Exempt