Inventory Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY INVENTORY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (salary)
CLASSIFICATION: First Mid/Offs Mgr- 11-919
* Promotes the Core Values by setting an example and communicating the Core Values effectively to others. Ensure others are following the Core Values of the client
* Plans, organizes, directs, manages and evaluates the parts department and implements the inventory management policies and procedures.
* Identifies opportunities for inventory operations improvements.
* Oversees and supervises all activities related to inventory control within the parts department and warehouse environment.
* Ensure all materials and parts are properly stored, assigned to and accounted for on RO's.
* Maintains accurate and appropriate levels of inventory to meet customer and service demands.
* Provides inventoryreports and analyzes data on a monthly basis or as requested.
* Manages and oversees daily inventory operation of the parts Department to insure efficient operations.
* Work performed under minimal supervision and reports to the General Manager. Work in this class is distinguished from lower classes by its inventory parts department management and management of assigned subordinates. Work in this class is similar to higher classes by the independence exercised in the completion of tasks and the broader scope of duties performed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
**_This section of the job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. The omission of a specific job function does not absolve an employee from being required to perform additional tasks incidental to or inherent in the job. Performance of lower level duties may be required._
* Plan, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate, the inventory management activities and budget .
* Serves as a strategic partner with the General Manager to provide a leadership role for the client with respect to all matters concerning Inventory Management.
* Develops inventory policies and procedures; oversees the development of processes and procedures to implement, monitor and enforce them in alignment with the client Resolves disputes concerning application or interpretation of policies and procedures.
* Assures effective communication of pertinent information to all department members.
* Communicates with the General Management and other management team members by providing periodic and on-request reports.
* Monitor inventory levels and inventory movement using manual or computerized inventory systems.
* Prepares various daily, weekly and monthly department reports.
* Review compiled inventoryreports (quantity, type and value of materials, and equipment and stock on hand).
* Confer with service managers to coordinate inventory management activities. .
* Develop and implement profit improvement plans in regards to inventory.
* Conduct investigations into inventory management incidents in order to verify and resolve any issues or missing inventory
* Perform managerial functions, such as preparing proposals and budgets, analyzing labor costs and writing reports.
* Works within budget, contributes to profits and revenue, and conserves organizational resources.
* Perform day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining files and processing paperwork.
* Remains current with the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology and procedures.
* Maintain open dialogue with other management to coordinate activities and improve performance and productivity.
* Conducts physical Inventory count of all tools, parts, equipment, and materials at least annually.
* Perform weekly cycle counts of inventory and materials.
* Ensure inventory is properly accounted for on assigned RO's.
* Review inventory counts and balance accuracy
* Maintain investment inventory by use of software, automatically reorder set points, core tracking and react to districts demands based on budgetyear.
* Attends work on a continuous and regular basis.
* Manages subordinates by selecting, assigning and coordinating work and overtime schedules, including emergencies stated-by assignments. Ensures employees work maintains safety and efficiencies of department.
* Recommends selection, promotion, discharge, and other appropriate personnel actions.
* Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of assigned employees.
* Assign all work equally and fairly employees.
* Conducts timely performance evaluations with employees.
* Takes corrective action when problems, performance and/or other issues develop with employees.
* Understands profit and loss, strategic direction, and efficient operations.
* Holds employees accountable for inventory control.
* Keep abreast of changes in inventory control best practices in order to educate staff and issue policy changes as needed to maintain efficiencies.
* Pursue training and development opportunities for skills as needed.
* Investigates accidents or injuries in department and prepares reports of findings.
* Demonstrates Leadership by taking charge and offering opinions and direction when needed. Leads by setting an example of working as a team, displaying cooperative attitude, showing honesty and integrity, and being flexible and adaptable to situations.
* May be responsible for enforcing the drug free workplace policy based on physical location and organizational structure.
* May act in the absence of general manager.
* Enters and retrieves data or information from computer or other keyboard devices.
* Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills and ability.
* 5years of previous inventory management experience in the medium/heavy duty truck/bus industry and/or equivalent training.
* Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
* Financial management experience including P&L, budgeting, and cost estimates strongly desired.
* Knowledge in principles of inventory management and the ability to accurately track inventory and create reports.
* Experience in the use of computers to include researching and looking up information, entering data into systems, working with Microsoft Office products.
* Must have strong management skill set to maintain investment inventory by use of software, automatically reorder set points, core tracking and react to districts demand based upon budgetyear.
* 3years of progressively responsibleexperience and familiarity operating computerized inventory systems is required.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES:
* Valid Florida Driver License or valid driver license in state of residence, and maintain valid Driver License throughout employment.
* May be required to attend meetings, trade shows, conferences etc., outside of normal business hours.
* May be required to travel.
* This job is performed in a warehouse/office environment and requires employee to sit for prolong periods of time and regularly use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* Employee is regularly required to walk, talk or hear.
* Must be able to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
* This position is subject to the Florida Drug Free Workplace Act.
SELECTION & PERFORMANCE FACTORS:
* Thorough knowledge of inventory management control methods, managing inventory, safety precautions, and procedures used in receipt, storage, handling and control of parts.
* Proficiency in applicable inventory management regulations and standards.
* Intermediate knowledge of computers and relevant software, Microsoft Office Products, and data bases with the ability to use