Inventory Mgt Technician/Assembly Loader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Inventory Management Technician/Assembly Loader colleague will support manufacturing departments through the management of product, raw materials, and supplies, as well as assist in the functions of an Assembly Loader.
* Support manufacturing departments through the management of product, raw materials, and supplies. This management includes:
* Sending and receiving of inventory items
* Proper storing of items in the appropriate physical location
* Maintenance of inventory in the inventory system (SAP).
* Regular reconciliation of physical and SAP inventories.
* Support of manufacturing departments through the movement of product, raw materials, and supplies in and out of the manufacturing areas.
* Execute RIDs.
* Assist with the loading of Assembly serial components.
* Work with Maintenance to respond to alarms and schedule preventative maintenance (PM) work.
* Perform supplemental duties as assigned by team leader/supervisor.
* Respond to requests from customers for supplies and information in a courteous, and timely manner.
* Assist with all types of communication (i.e. verbal, phone, e-mail) as required in the daily operation of the department.
* Demonstrate punctuality and reliability in attendance.
Education and Expereince
High school degree or equivalent. Basic mechanical and troubleshooting skills. Good communication
and interpersonal skills, computer skills and working knowledge of metric system. Exposure to
chemicals, fumes, odors, noise, live steam, temperature fluctuations, biohazards, continuous standing
and lifting to a maximum of 50 lbs. Weekend and holiday work may be required.
Preference given to applicants with relevant experience in biological production and/or aseptic
manufacturing. Two years post secondary education with biological coursework desirable.
Physical Position Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principle duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principle duties.
* Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
* Constant standing for extended periods
* Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch, and climb; reach with hands and arms
* Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
* Ability to work flexible hours including work weekend, holiday, and overtime
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing principle duties of this job. Noted personnel protection equipment (PPE) must be utilized while on the job.
* Possible high noise levels Hearing Protection as required
* Frequent exposure to heavy items ANSI 75 Safety shoes required
* Exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals PPE as required
* Exposure to moving mechanical parts Ensure safety shields are always in place
* Exposure to extreme temperature variations PPE as required