This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJANFAY CORPORATE RECRUITING IS A SPECIALTY RECRUITING AND STAFFING FIRM THAT SPECIALIZES IN THE PLACEMENT OF ACCOUNTING, FINANCE AND CYBER SECURITY PROFESSIONALS.
The Inventory Planner is responsible for managing the merchandise inventory for assigned product categories across all channels. As an Inventory Planner, you will partner with a Merchant to lead collaborative processes and decision-making to drive successful Product Management that achieves company sales, profit, inventory fill and turns.
* Create forecasts that support Demand, Shipped Sales, Inventory and Margin plans
* Successfully process, predict and analyze product demand
* Maintain and update special category and product curves as needed
* Manage new product minimum order requirements
* Collaborate with the Merchant to create exit strategies when replacing existing inventory with new items
* Develop strong partnerships with vendors and provide them with projections as needed
MERCHANDISE INVENTORY PURCHASING
* Manage merchandise inventory to develop buy plans, place orders, and evaluate inventory position
* Maintain PO and inventory information to ensure timely delivery of merchandise
* Collaborate with the Merchant to make recommendations for improvement of inventory position
* Closely monitor Vendor and Product Compliance issues
CATEGORY ASSORTMENT PLANNING
* Develop seasonal forecasts for Key Items and new introductions to support 'bottoms up' and 'tops down' planning
* In partnership with the Planning team, provide Merchandising with collective feedback on catalog covers and hot spot selections
* Analyze and recommend rationalization for SKU and overall product offering to Merchandising
* Work closely with the Merchant Team to forecast, plan and order all offers to achieve category goals
* Collaborate with all departments to encourage best practices and resolve issues concerning systems, products, vendors, presentation and inventory levels
* Cross-train within the department to provide back-up support to others
* Identify process improvement opportunities and present recommendations to Management
* Mentor Assistant Planners in planning skill sets