This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location : US - Lansdale , Lansdale PA US 19446
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Logistics
Job Description :
Position not open for International Assignment
SKF is the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing industry. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The skills and competence of our 40,000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
The Inventory Planner position has the responsibility to plan specified products critical to the success of the Inventory Management unit of SKF Logistics Services. The position will actively support the actions and improvements defined by the Manager of Inventory Management aimed at achieving the overall target service level and optimal inventory levels.
* Monitor product parameters and forecasts to ensure accurate recommended buys and timely order execution utilizing approved SKF DRP systems for assigned products.
* Meet or exceed aggressive service levels, availability expectations and inventory optimization targets by successfully executing inventory replenishment orders and processes for assigned suppliers and product lines.
* Analyze data and processes, and recommend optimal solutions to drive improvement to the overall replenishment process and business results.
* Develop, analyze, evaluate, and act upon product management system reports, warnings and requirements in order to maintain the appropriate flow of goods.
* Proactively address supply chain and demand chain issues to enable open communications and quick resolutions between suppliers, customer service and the Logistic Services team.
* Develop and prepare ad hoc reports to analyze and demonstrate progress of processes and projects as required.
* Provide recommendations for product rationalization to improve mix, turns and inventory as a percent to sales.
* Develop and monitor product exit plans to reduce unproductive inventory.
* Monitor supplier Key Performance indicators and relationships. Recommend process improvements that provide vision for the future and enhance the company s position within Demand Chain initiatives and company goals.
* Support/Lead, cross-functional team activities to resolve product or process issues, develop planning and replenishment improvements, establish new product introductions and develop effective cost reduction initiatives. This should include involvement in Six Sigma projects.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or 3-5 years related inventory management experience preferred.
- Must have proficient computer skills, including strong experience in Excel (spreadsheet design, pivot tables, macros, etc), Access
- High degree of initiative, energy and ownership.
- Attention to detail and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communications.
- Experience in Cognos or similar database.
- Project participation skills and SKF GPM2 awareness or other Project Management .
Information for Internal Applicants ONLY:
In accordance with the SKF USA Policy, please be sure you advise your current Manager of your application for this position. Please note internal candidates will receive a confirmation that they have successfully applied for a position. If you do not receive this confirmation, please verify with the recruiter that your application was indeed received.
For more information, please visit us @ www.skf.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans