Inventory Planning Manager II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead your team to drive innovation and supply chain excellence using your talents to transform patient outcomes.
ENDOSCOPY & UROLOGY/ PELVIC HEALTH
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Urology and Women's Health we deliver solutions to urological and gynecological disorders like kidney and bladder stones, stress urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and excessive uterine bleeding.
In the Endoscopy division, we provide advanced technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make investment in non-vascular treatments.
To execute supply chain planing strategies as determinded by Spencer Operations. Support planning for Spencer manufacturing, while optimizing cost and service goals. This positon will have management responsiblities over the analysis and implementation of planning. In addition, responsilities within limits of delegated authority, for the approval and control for the purchasing function of the Spencer facility.
- Investigates all new developments relative to materials and supplies and makes recommendations designed to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Supervises the arrangment for the sale/discard of scrap, obsolete and surplus materials, cooperates with production, engineering and other departments by understanding the specifications of equipment and production.
- Communicates with Supplier Quality to investigate Supplier's facilities, capacity, and ability to meet quality requirements, specifications, and delivery dates.
- Reviews and processes RTVs and NCEPs against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment.
- Keeps abreast of price trends in basic raw materials and supplies, makes recommendations on the timing and quantity of purchases, and the establishment of most economical purchase quantities.
- Initiates and adheres to standard procurement practices.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC's Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
- Where supervisory duties apply employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Active particant in neogations and standard setting as a part of AOP and throught the year.
- Knowledge and basic user skills in the following systems; SAP, Rapid Response, iSupply, PVR, and Tablo.
- Able to set, track, and meet the following 9 Panel Goals; Purchase Price Variance, Service Level, Backorders, and Inventory.
- Plans, directs and organizes activities of planning department to best utilize personnel to achieve short and long range goals. Allocates to the proper work center, giving consideration to load, capacity and equipment utilization.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Maintains liaison with global supply chain personnel to keep product NR demand understood and communicated to manufacturing.
- Ensures that company standard procedures are followed in connection with planning and inventory control.
- Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect schedules. Makes necessary adjustments to schedules.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC's Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Quality System Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years' demonstrated manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience managing supplier relationships
- Demonstrated supplier inventory programming experience
- APICS Certification
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington Indiana
Job Segment: Inventory, Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Management