Inventory, Shipping, and Receiving Technician - Production
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Maintains the system and process to support all
functions of shipping of all materials and products
Internationally. In addition supports the warehouse and
receiving functions. Provides efficient and traceable
movement of outbound company products using company ERP
system. Provides an efficient support of all the
administrations relating to shipping rules regulations
and documentation to ensure dispatch of product to meet
customer deadlines. Follows PerkinElmer Safety policies
This position reports to the Operations Manager for
* Perform receipt of shipping functions and ensure
proper transactions are performed in ERP System.
* Highlight purchase order, sales order, Production
order and RMA discrepancies ensuring resolution.
* Knowledge in packing techniques required by various
customer standards, for packages and crates.
* Knowledge in hazardous material receiving & shipping
and DOT requirements.
* Liaise and coordinate information regarding freight
forwarding scheduling material movement.
* Perform shipping transaction in ERP system ensuring
accuracy of Data entry, matching of purchase order
information to shipping information.
* Prepare documentation for shipping packages and
containers for domestic or international
destinations; ensuring address labels, shipping
account details, packing lists, International
customs documents are complete and accurate for the
type of shipment.
* Adhere to U.S Export regulation and Import clearance
* Liaise with carriers to coordinate material pick-ups
ensuring customer deadlines are satisfied.
* Liaise with internal functions such as receiving,
IQA, purchasing, material planning, manufacturing
and engineering with regard to the receipt or
dispatch of expedited items.
* Liaise with customs broker to clear shipments from
* Maintain files of packing documents/shippers
* Maintain data logs for shipments as required.
* College level diploma in Logistics, or supply chain
management, or relevant experience.
* Five or more years shipping and receiving experience
with international shipments, in a controlled ISO
9001 or higher environment.
* MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Interpersonal communications.
* High sense of urgency and ability to adhere to
* Team player.
* Knowledge of packing requirements and crating
* Knowledgeable of hazardous receiving material
requirements of DOT.
* Maintain and manage an inventory of all shipping
supplies such as packing slips shipping pouches,
shipping envelopes and shipping labels Customer
* Liaise with teams to resolve any purchase order,
sales order and manufacturing order discrepancies.
* Perform Cycle counts with an accuracy of 99%.
* Perform in physical inventory audits.
* Respond to routine customer queries regarding
* Forklift license.
* SAP or other ERP knowledge.
* Physically capable of some heavy lifting.
* Import and Export regulations/requirements.
* Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.