This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Inventory Specialist SimplexGrinnell
About the Role:
* Responsible for the handling, moving, loading and unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment.
* Customer service calls, and working with Technicians to pull and organize stock.
* Accepting and processing part orders with customers and clients.
* Organize, and execute monthly cycle counts.
* Open and seal crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers.
* Collect, sort, store and distribute materials.
* Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
* Required to assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
Rewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
#external Who we are looking for:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
* 3 years inventory experience preferred.
* Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Oracle and Microsoft office, especially with Excel.
* Must have excellent organization and customer service skills.
* Must have experience with logistics companies like FedEx and UPS
* Excellent communication and teamwork with technicians, office staff, and centralized dispatcher required.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Forklift certification a plus.
* Must be able to lift up to 70lb.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to pass a drug and background check.